Baan Baa Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Baan Baa (2390) is a suburb of Regional NSW, North West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 381 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Baan Baa is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of Baan Baa was 525 and is comprised of approximately 47.8% females and 52.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Baan Baa is 47 years of age.

91.8% of people living in the suburb of Baan Baa were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.3% New Zealand, 0.8% England.

94.4% of people living in Baan Baa speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Baan Baa is 36.1% Anglican, 24.2% Catholic, 10.7% No religion, 8.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.2% Uniting Church, 2.7% Christian, nfd, 1.5% Pentecostal, 1.3% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.3% Other religious affiliation .

63.3% of people are married, 24.1% have never married and 7.5% are divorced and 1.9% are separated. There are 13 widowed people living in Baan Baa.

68.5% of the people living in Baan Baa over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 21.4% are working on a part time basis. Baan Baa has an unemployment rate of 5.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Baan Baa are 42.7% Managers, 11.0% Labourers, 9.6% Professionals, 9.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.4% Community & personal service workers, 6.0% Technicians & trades workers, 5.0% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Baan Baa work in are 45.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.2% Health care and social assistance, 7.4% Mining, 6.3% Retail trade, 5.3% Public administration and safety, 4.6% Education and training, 4.2% Other services, 3.2% Accommodation and food services, 3.2% Wholesale trade.

49.0% of homes are fully owned, and 26.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $524 per week and the median household income is $924 per week.

The median rent in Baan Baa is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1473 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Baan Baa postcode 2390

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Faulconbridge 2776 -> Sydney -> New South Wales