Whitton Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Whitton (2705) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 467 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Whitton is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Whitton was 379 and is comprised of approximately 46.2% females and 53.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Whitton is 40 years of age.

92.4% of people living in the suburb of Whitton were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.8% New Zealand, 1.3% Philippines.

95.5% of people living in Whitton speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Whitton is 36.2% Anglican, 25.2% Catholic, 14.7% No religion, 6.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.2% Uniting Church, 2.1% Lutheran, 1.6% Other religious affiliation , 0.8% Salvation Army, 0.8% Baptist.

40.9% of people are married, 39.5% have never married and 7.4% are divorced and 6.4% are separated. There are 17 widowed people living in Whitton.

59.6% of the people living in Whitton over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 19.2% are working on a part time basis. Whitton has an unemployment rate of 10.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Whitton are 28.1% Labourers, 17.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 13.3% Managers, 10.4% Community & personal service workers, 8.9% Sales workers, 8.9% Technicians & trades workers, 6.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.4% Professionals, 2.2% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Whitton work in are 31.3% Manufacturing, 10.4% Public administration and safety, 9.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.0% Retail trade, 8.2% Health care and social assistance, 7.5% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.5% Accommodation and food services, 4.5% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 3.7% Construction.

38.1% of homes are fully owned, and 42.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $386 per week and the median household income is $891 per week.

The median rent in Whitton is $136 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $780 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Whitton postcode 2705

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Lilyfield 2040 -> Sydney -> New South Wales