Sebastopol Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Sebastopol (2666) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 348 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Sebastopol is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Sebastopol was 359 and is comprised of approximately 48.2% females and 51.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Sebastopol is 40 years of age.

95.0% of people living in the suburb of Sebastopol were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.7% England, 1.4% United States of America.

98.3% of people living in Sebastopol speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Sebastopol is 30.3% Anglican, 25.8% Catholic, 14.7% No religion, 10.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.1% Uniting Church, 5.0% Lutheran, 0.8% Other religious affiliation , 0.8% Christian, nfd.

62.5% of people are married, 25.3% have never married and 5.8% are divorced and 3.2% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Sebastopol.

64.0% of the people living in Sebastopol over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 28.0% are working on a part time basis. Sebastopol has an unemployment rate of 3.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Sebastopol are 46.9% Managers, 16.8% Professionals, 8.4% Labourers, 7.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.7% Technicians & trades workers, 5.6% Community & personal service workers, 4.5% Sales workers, 3.9% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Sebastopol work in are 50.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 6.8% Public administration and safety, 6.2% Education and training, 6.2% Health care and social assistance, 5.1% Arts and recreation services, 4.0% Accommodation and food services, 4.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.4% Retail trade, 2.8% Professional, scientific and technical services.

49.2% of homes are fully owned, and 32.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $446 per week and the median household income is $923 per week.

The median rent in Sebastopol is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1100 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Sebastopol postcode 2666

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Gingkin 2787 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales