Pleasant Hills Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Pleasant Hills (2658) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 441 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Pleasant Hills is in the federal electorate of Farrer.

In the 2011 census the population of Pleasant Hills was 305 and is comprised of approximately 46.9% females and 53.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Pleasant Hills is 46 years of age.

91.8% of people living in the suburb of Pleasant Hills were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.0% England.

95.8% of people living in Pleasant Hills speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Pleasant Hills is 23.9% Lutheran, 22.9% Catholic, 12.7% Anglican, 11.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 8.8% Pentecostal, 8.5% Uniting Church, 6.9% No religion, 5.2% Religious affiliation not stated.

66.4% of people are married, 21.4% have never married and 3.8% are divorced and 2.9% are separated. There are 13 widowed people living in Pleasant Hills.

69.6% of the people living in Pleasant Hills over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.8% are working on a part time basis. Pleasant Hills has an unemployment rate of 2.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Pleasant Hills are 61.8% Managers, 12.7% Professionals, 7.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.5% Labourers, 3.8% Technicians & trades workers, 1.9% Sales workers, 1.9% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Pleasant Hills work in are 62.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.5% Health care and social assistance, 5.6% Education and training, 5.6% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.7% Retail trade, 1.9% Accommodation and food services, 1.9% Financial and insurance services, 1.9% Construction, 1.9% Inadequately described/Not stated.

52.7% of homes are fully owned, and 26.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $423 per week and the median household income is $856 per week.

The median rent in Pleasant Hills is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $500 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Pleasant Hills postcode 2658

  • Henty,
  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Beresfield 2322 -> Hunter Valley -> New South Wales