Gocup Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Gocup (2720) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 315 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Gocup is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Gocup was 166 and is comprised of approximately 45.2% females and 54.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Gocup is 38 years of age.

91.6% of people living in the suburb of Gocup were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.0% New Zealand.

98.2% of people living in Gocup speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Gocup is 29.7% Catholic, 23.0% Anglican, 17.6% No religion, 7.3% Baptist, 7.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.1% Uniting Church, 5.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.8% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.8% Christian, nfd.

66.9% of people are married, 22.8% have never married and 2.4% are divorced and 4.7% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Gocup.

52.3% of the people living in Gocup over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.5% are working on a part time basis. Gocup has an unemployment rate of 4.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Gocup are 24.7% Professionals, 15.3% Sales workers, 15.3% Technicians & trades workers, 12.9% Managers, 10.6% Community & personal service workers, 10.6% Labourers, 7.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.5% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Gocup work in are 20.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 19.5% Manufacturing, 13.4% Health care and social assistance, 12.2% Construction, 8.5% Transport, postal and warehousing, 7.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 7.3% Education and training, 3.7% Inadequately described/Not stated, 3.7% Other services.

41.1% of homes are fully owned, and 44.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $555 per week and the median household income is $1286 per week.

The median rent in Gocup is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $945 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Gocup postcode 2720

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Urana 2645 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales