Gobarralong Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Gobarralong (2727) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 294 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Gobarralong is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Gobarralong was 199 and is comprised of approximately 48.2% females and 51.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Gobarralong is 38 years of age.

100.0% of people living in the suburb of Gobarralong were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth wer.

98.5% of people living in Gobarralong speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.5% Australian Indigenous Languages .

The religious makeup of Gobarralong is 52.5% Catholic, 31.8% Anglican, 9.6% No religion, 4.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.5% Uniting Church.

69.0% of people are married, 19.7% have never married and 4.2% are divorced and 4.2% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Gobarralong.

74.5% of the people living in Gobarralong over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 19.8% are working on a part time basis. Gobarralong has an unemployment rate of 2.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Gobarralong are 44.8% Managers, 16.2% Labourers, 14.3% Professionals, 8.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.7% Sales workers, 3.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.8% Technicians & trades workers, 2.9% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Gobarralong work in are 60.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.3% Education and training, 8.5% Health care and social assistance, 2.8% Accommodation and food services, 2.8% Financial and insurance services, 2.8% Manufacturing, 2.8% Construction, 2.8% Administrative and support services, 2.8% Rental, hiring and real estate services.

38.2% of homes are fully owned, and 18.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 32.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $505 per week and the median household income is $1187 per week.

The median rent in Gobarralong is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1235 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Gobarralong postcode 2727

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Urana 2645 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales