Kerrigundi Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Kerrigundi (2835) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Far West, New South Wales. It is about 631 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Kerrigundi is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of Kerrigundi was 428 and is comprised of approximately 43.2% females and 56.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Kerrigundi is 38 years of age.

88.8% of people living in the suburb of Kerrigundi were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 0.9% New Zealand, 0.7% England.

93.2% of people living in Kerrigundi speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Kerrigundi is 37.2% Catholic, 21.3% Anglican, 11.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.0% No religion, 7.5% Uniting Church, 6.6% Baptist, 3.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.4% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.4% Lutheran, 0.9% Other Christian.

63.9% of people are married, 25.5% have never married and 4.7% are divorced and 1.5% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Kerrigundi.

74.7% of the people living in Kerrigundi over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 18.4% are working on a part time basis. Kerrigundi has an unemployment rate of 2.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Kerrigundi are 46.9% Managers, 16.2% Technicians & trades workers, 9.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.1% Professionals, 6.6% Labourers, 5.0% Sales workers, 1.2% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Kerrigundi work in are 46.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.1% Mining, 5.9% Retail trade, 4.6% Manufacturing, 4.2% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.2% Public administration and safety, 3.8% Education and training, 3.8% Construction, 2.5% Health care and social assistance.

52.9% of homes are fully owned, and 34.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 9.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $488 per week and the median household income is $1449 per week.

The median rent in Kerrigundi is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2029 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Kerrigundi postcode 2835

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Tygalgah 2484 -> North Coast -> New South Wales