Tibooburra Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Tibooburra (2880) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Far South West, New South Wales. It is about 1000 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Tibooburra is in the federal electorate of Farrer.

In the 2011 census the population of Tibooburra was 262 and is comprised of approximately 45.8% females and 54.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Tibooburra is 38 years of age.

92.0% of people living in the suburb of Tibooburra were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.7% England, 1.5% Papua New Guinea, 1.1% New Zealand.

98.9% of people living in Tibooburra speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Tibooburra is 30.9% Catholic, 25.6% Anglican, 21.4% No religion, 10.7% Uniting Church, 5.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.1% Salvation Army, 1.1% Baptist, 1.1% Other Religious Groups.

51.7% of people are married, 32.7% have never married and 7.3% are divorced and 2.4% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Tibooburra.

72.2% of the people living in Tibooburra over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 16.6% are working on a part time basis. Tibooburra has an unemployment rate of 2.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Tibooburra are 44.2% Managers, 22.4% Labourers, 7.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.1% Professionals, 5.5% Community & personal service workers, 5.5% Technicians & trades workers, 1.8% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Tibooburra work in are 53.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.7% Accommodation and food services, 9.7% Construction, 7.3% Health care and social assistance, 5.5% Inadequately described/Not stated, 3.6% Arts and recreation services, 3.6% Public administration and safety, 3.6% Retail trade, 1.8% Electricity, gas, water and waste services.

33.6% of homes are fully owned, and 22.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 39.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $551 per week and the median household income is $812 per week.

The median rent in Tibooburra is $8 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $0 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Tibooburra postcode 2880

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Parkes 2870 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales