Murray Downs Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Murray Downs (2734) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 713 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Murray Downs is in the federal electorate of Farrer.

In the 2011 census the population of Murray Downs was 145 and is comprised of approximately 47.6% females and 52.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Murray Downs is 48 years of age.

90.4% of people living in the suburb of Murray Downs were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.4% Hong Kong , 3.4% England.

97.9% of people living in Murray Downs speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.1% Russian.

The religious makeup of Murray Downs is 37.0% Catholic, 29.5% Anglican, 14.4% No religion, 4.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.1% Christian, nfd, 2.1% Churches of Christ, 2.1% Uniting Church, 2.1% Pentecostal.

63.5% of people are married, 13.0% have never married and 15.7% are divorced and 2.6% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Murray Downs.

57.1% of the people living in Murray Downs over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 34.3% are working on a part time basis. Murray Downs has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Murray Downs are 22.5% Managers, 21.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 21.1% Community & personal service workers, 12.7% Professionals, 11.3% Sales workers, 5.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.6% Technicians & trades workers.

The main industries people from Murray Downs work in are 16.4% Financial and insurance services, 16.4% Education and training, 12.3% Accommodation and food services, 12.3% Retail trade, 11.0% Public administration and safety, 11.0% Health care and social assistance, 4.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 4.1% Manufacturing, 4.1% Construction.

50.0% of homes are fully owned, and 32.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $541 per week and the median household income is $1125 per week.

The median rent in Murray Downs is $260 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1725 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Murray Downs postcode 2734

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: North Casino 2470 -> North Coast -> New South Wales