Obley Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Obley (2868) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 278 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Obley is in the federal electorate of Calare.

In the 2011 census the population of Obley was 354 and is comprised of approximately 46.9% females and 53.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Obley is 43 years of age.

93.0% of people living in the suburb of Obley were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.7% Canada, 1.4% England, 1.1% Germany, 0.8% New Zealand.

98.0% of people living in Obley speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Obley is 36.0% Anglican, 34.8% Catholic, 9.3% No religion, 5.7% Uniting Church, 4.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.4% Baptist, 3.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.5% Christian, nfd.

67.6% of people are married, 22.3% have never married and 5.4% are divorced and 1.4% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Obley.

72.1% of the people living in Obley over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 22.1% are working on a part time basis. Obley has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Obley are 40.5% Managers, 13.2% Professionals, 11.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.4% Labourers, 6.8% Sales workers, 6.8% Technicians & trades workers, 5.9% Community & personal service workers, 3.6% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Obley work in are 39.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.7% Education and training, 8.3% Retail trade, 7.4% Health care and social assistance, 6.9% Wholesale trade, 4.6% Public administration and safety, 4.6% Construction, 4.1% Manufacturing, 4.1% Mining.

50.8% of homes are fully owned, and 30.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $628 per week and the median household income is $1341 per week.

The median rent in Obley is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2167 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Obley postcode 2868

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Finley 2713 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales