Gin Gin Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Gin Gin (2823) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 360 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Gin Gin is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of Gin Gin was 157 and is comprised of approximately 45.2% females and 54.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Gin Gin is 35 years of age.

87.8% of people living in the suburb of Gin Gin were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.6% New Zealand.

91.7% of people living in Gin Gin speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 8.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Gin Gin is 37.6% Anglican, 30.6% Catholic, 12.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.9% Uniting Church, 7.0% No religion, 3.8% Presbyterian and Reformed.

72.3% of people are married, 21.8% have never married and 3.4% are divorced and 2.5% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Gin Gin.

66.3% of the people living in Gin Gin over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.2% are working on a part time basis. Gin Gin has an unemployment rate of 3.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Gin Gin are 54.4% Managers, 13.3% Professionals, 11.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.9% Labourers, 6.7% Sales workers, 5.6% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Gin Gin work in are 57.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.4% Education and training, 6.4% Professional, scientific and technical services, 6.4% Retail trade, 6.4% Manufacturing, 3.2% Accommodation and food services, 3.2% Financial and insurance services, 3.2% Administrative and support services, 3.2% Health care and social assistance.

43.9% of homes are fully owned, and 15.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 35.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $432 per week and the median household income is $844 per week.

The median rent in Gin Gin is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $0 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Gin Gin postcode 2823

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Mount Keira 2500 -> South Coast -> New South Wales