Gilgooma Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Gilgooma (2829) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 427 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Gilgooma is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of Gilgooma was 176 and is comprised of approximately 42.6% females and 57.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Gilgooma is 50 years of age.

96.0% of people living in the suburb of Gilgooma were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.3% Scotland, 1.7% Germany.

98.3% of people living in Gilgooma speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.7% German.

The religious makeup of Gilgooma is 33.5% Anglican, 27.8% Catholic, 11.9% Uniting Church, 11.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.2% No religion, 3.4% Pentecostal, 3.4% Christian, nfd, 1.7% Lutheran.

70.9% of people are married, 25.2% have never married and 0.0% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Gilgooma.

79.8% of the people living in Gilgooma over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 17.5% are working on a part time basis. Gilgooma has an unemployment rate of 2.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Gilgooma are 67.0% Managers, 9.2% Labourers, 7.3% Professionals, 7.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.7% Sales workers, 2.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.8% Technicians & trades workers.

The main industries people from Gilgooma work in are 76.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.2% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.5% Education and training, 4.5% Health care and social assistance, 2.7% Retail trade, 2.7% Inadequately described/Not stated.

50.0% of homes are fully owned, and 17.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 27.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $562 per week and the median household income is $949 per week.

The median rent in Gilgooma is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $0 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Gilgooma postcode 2829

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Urana 2645 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales