Garra Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Garra (2866) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 242 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Garra is in the federal electorate of Calare.

In the 2011 census the population of Garra was 186 and is comprised of approximately 50.0% females and 50.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Garra is 46 years of age.

89.9% of people living in the suburb of Garra were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.3% England, 2.1% New Zealand.

97.8% of people living in Garra speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Garra is 34.2% Anglican, 20.9% Catholic, 18.7% Uniting Church, 9.6% No religion, 8.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.2% Baptist, 2.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.6% Christian, nfd, 1.6% Other Religious Groups.

67.1% of people are married, 21.1% have never married and 5.9% are divorced and 2.0% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Garra.

64.8% of the people living in Garra over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 32.4% are working on a part time basis. Garra has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Garra are 37.9% Managers, 17.5% Technicians & trades workers, 15.5% Labourers, 14.6% Professionals, 7.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.9% Community & personal service workers, 2.9% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Garra work in are 51.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.0% Manufacturing, 14.0% Health care and social assistance, 9.0% Education and training, 3.0% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.0% Public administration and safety, 3.0% Retail trade, 3.0% Information media and telecommunications.

62.9% of homes are fully owned, and 18.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 12.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $485 per week and the median household income is $949 per week.

The median rent in Garra is $128 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Garra postcode 2866

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Parkes 2870 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales