Cookamidgera Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Cookamidgera (2870) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 276 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Cookamidgera is in the federal electorate of Calare.

In the 2011 census the population of Cookamidgera was 214 and is comprised of approximately 50.9% females and 49.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Cookamidgera is 41 years of age.

85.0% of people living in the suburb of Cookamidgera were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.3% New Zealand, 1.9% England.

93.5% of people living in Cookamidgera speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Cookamidgera is 31.9% Catholic, 22.5% Anglican, 17.8% No religion, 13.1% Uniting Church, 7.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.4% Baptist, 1.4% Pentecostal.

54.2% of people are married, 23.2% have never married and 11.9% are divorced and 3.6% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Cookamidgera.

59.0% of the people living in Cookamidgera over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 20.0% are working on a part time basis. Cookamidgera has an unemployment rate of 9.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Cookamidgera are 25.6% Managers, 20.0% Technicians & trades workers, 14.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.2% Professionals, 12.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 10.0% Community & personal service workers, 5.6% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Cookamidgera work in are 24.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 16.1% Manufacturing, 12.9% Other services, 9.7% Public administration and safety, 8.6% Health care and social assistance, 6.5% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.3% Retail trade, 4.3% Construction, 3.2% Accommodation and food services.

48.7% of homes are fully owned, and 30.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $453 per week and the median household income is $846 per week.

The median rent in Cookamidgera is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Cookamidgera postcode 2870

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Weston 2326 -> Hunter Valley -> New South Wales