Greenethorpe Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Greenethorpe (2809) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central Tablelands, New South Wales. It is about 259 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Greenethorpe is in the federal electorate of Hume.

In the 2011 census the population of Greenethorpe was 320 and is comprised of approximately 45.3% females and 54.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Greenethorpe is 43 years of age.

87.5% of people living in the suburb of Greenethorpe were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.8% England, 1.6% Netherlands, 1.3% New Zealand.

95.3% of people living in Greenethorpe speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Greenethorpe is 29.2% Anglican, 26.6% Catholic, 13.8% No religion, 12.2% Uniting Church, 7.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.2% Pentecostal, 0.9% Latter-day Saints, 0.9% Christian, nfd, 0.9% Other Protestant.

55.2% of people are married, 26.0% have never married and 10.4% are divorced and 6.0% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Greenethorpe.

45.3% of the people living in Greenethorpe over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.5% are working on a part time basis. Greenethorpe has an unemployment rate of 9.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Greenethorpe are 46.8% Managers, 14.5% Labourers, 10.5% Technicians & trades workers, 8.1% Professionals, 8.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.3% Community & personal service workers, 2.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.4% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Greenethorpe work in are 48.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.5% Health care and social assistance, 7.3% Wholesale trade, 4.8% Public administration and safety, 4.8% Retail trade, 4.8% Manufacturing, 4.8% Construction, 4.8% Education and training, 2.4% Inadequately described/Not stated.

53.3% of homes are fully owned, and 28.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $367 per week and the median household income is $729 per week.

The median rent in Greenethorpe is $125 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1387 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Greenethorpe postcode 2809

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Gingkin 2787 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales