Coxs Creek Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Coxs Creek (2849) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central Tablelands, New South Wales. It is about 160 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Coxs Creek is in the federal electorate of Hunter.

In the 2011 census the population of Coxs Creek was 160 and is comprised of approximately 44.4% females and 55.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Coxs Creek is 37 years of age.

82.5% of people living in the suburb of Coxs Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.5% England.

89.5% of people living in Coxs Creek speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 10.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Coxs Creek is 40.9% Anglican, 17.6% Catholic, 13.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 10.7% Uniting Church, 5.7% No religion, 3.8% Pentecostal, 3.1% Christian, nfd, 2.5% Salvation Army, 2.5% Judaism.

60.2% of people are married, 25.2% have never married and 7.3% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Coxs Creek.

64.9% of the people living in Coxs Creek over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 22.8% are working on a part time basis. Coxs Creek has an unemployment rate of 5.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Coxs Creek are 42.9% Managers, 21.4% Labourers, 14.3% Technicians & trades workers, 5.4% Professionals, 5.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.4% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 5.4% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Coxs Creek work in are 37.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 19.4% Education and training, 14.5% Inadequately described/Not stated, 9.7% Health care and social assistance, 4.8% Accommodation and food services, 4.8% Financial and insurance services, 4.8% Construction, 4.8% Mining.

66.7% of homes are fully owned, and 5.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $436 per week and the median household income is $833 per week.

The median rent in Coxs Creek is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $434 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Coxs Creek postcode 2849

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Lilyfield 2040 -> Sydney -> New South Wales