Duranbah Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Duranbah (2487) is a suburb of North Coast, Tweed Coast, New South Wales. It is about 656 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Duranbah is in the federal electorate of Richmond.

In the 2011 census the population of Duranbah was 262 and is comprised of approximately 50.4% females and 49.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Duranbah is 36 years of age.

85.2% of people living in the suburb of Duranbah were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.8% England, 2.7% New Zealand, 1.5% United States of America, 1.5% Scotland.

95.0% of people living in Duranbah speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Duranbah is 28.1% No religion, 24.3% Catholic, 16.0% Anglican, 7.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.7% Jehovah's Witnesses, 2.7% Other religious affiliation , 2.3% Churches of Christ, 2.3% Seventh-day Adventist, 2.3% Christian, nfd.

39.4% of people are married, 39.9% have never married and 11.9% are divorced and 5.5% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Duranbah.

44.7% of the people living in Duranbah over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.5% are working on a part time basis. Duranbah has an unemployment rate of 7.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Duranbah are 22.7% Technicians & trades workers, 19.9% Professionals, 15.6% Managers, 11.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.6% Community & personal service workers, 9.9% Sales workers, 7.8% Labourers, 2.1% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Duranbah work in are 15.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.6% Education and training, 11.9% Construction, 9.8% Health care and social assistance, 8.4% Manufacturing, 7.7% Retail trade, 4.9% Arts and recreation services, 4.9% Accommodation and food services, 4.2% Financial and insurance services.

37.5% of homes are fully owned, and 20.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 38.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $587 per week and the median household income is $1047 per week.

The median rent in Duranbah is $180 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2167 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Duranbah postcode 2487

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Emerald Beach 2456 -> North Coast -> New South Wales