Yarrahapinni Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Yarrahapinni (2441) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 374 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Yarrahapinni is in the federal electorate of Cowper.

In the 2011 census the population of Yarrahapinni was 349 and is comprised of approximately 48.1% females and 51.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Yarrahapinni is 55 years of age.

88.5% of people living in the suburb of Yarrahapinni were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.6% England, 1.1% Netherlands, 1.1% Scotland, 0.9% Chile.

96.3% of people living in Yarrahapinni speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Yarrahapinni is 29.9% Anglican, 21.0% No religion, 18.1% Catholic, 8.9% Uniting Church, 6.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.9% Christian, nfd, 2.3% Pentecostal, 1.7% Buddhism, 1.4% Other Religious Groups.

49.7% of people are married, 24.2% have never married and 16.0% are divorced and 3.9% are separated. There are 19 widowed people living in Yarrahapinni.

35.3% of the people living in Yarrahapinni over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 41.3% are working on a part time basis. Yarrahapinni has an unemployment rate of 10.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Yarrahapinni are 32.2% Managers, 15.1% Community & personal service workers, 13.0% Professionals, 10.3% Labourers, 10.3% Technicians & trades workers, 8.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 2.7% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Yarrahapinni work in are 26.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 17.9% Health care and social assistance, 9.0% Construction, 6.9% Education and training, 6.2% Retail trade, 6.2% Accommodation and food services, 6.2% Wholesale trade, 4.1% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.1% Public administration and safety.

54.1% of homes are fully owned, and 30.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 12.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $331 per week and the median household income is $704 per week.

The median rent in Yarrahapinni is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1142 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Yarrahapinni postcode 2441

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Bilbul 2680 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales