Wards River Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Wards River (2422) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 195 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Wards River is in the federal electorate of Paterson.

In the 2011 census the population of Wards River was 175 and is comprised of approximately 49.7% females and 50.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Wards River is 51 years of age.

86.3% of people living in the suburb of Wards River were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.9% England.

93.7% of people living in Wards River speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Wards River is 29.5% Anglican, 22.2% Catholic, 17.6% No religion, 11.9% Uniting Church, 5.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.4% Islam, 3.4% Baptist, 2.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.7% Eastern Orthodox, 1.7% Christian, nfd.

54.1% of people are married, 24.3% have never married and 12.8% are divorced and 6.8% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Wards River.

48.8% of the people living in Wards River over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 39.0% are working on a part time basis. Wards River has an unemployment rate of 12.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Wards River are 28.2% Managers, 16.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 15.5% Labourers, 12.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.7% Community & personal service workers, 5.6% Technicians & trades workers, 4.2% Sales workers, 4.2% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Wards River work in are 16.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.9% Manufacturing, 12.5% Transport, postal and warehousing, 11.1% Health care and social assistance, 11.1% Other services, 8.3% Retail trade, 8.3% Mining, 5.6% Construction, 4.2% Accommodation and food services.

49.4% of homes are fully owned, and 20.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $348 per week and the median household income is $646 per week.

The median rent in Wards River is $155 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $730 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Wards River postcode 2422

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Bective 2340 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales