Tewinga Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Tewinga (2449) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 391 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Tewinga is in the federal electorate of Cowper.

In the 2011 census the population of Tewinga was 208 and is comprised of approximately 48.1% females and 51.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Tewinga is 45 years of age.

85.5% of people living in the suburb of Tewinga were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.4% England, 1.9% Ireland, 1.9% Germany, 1.9% Scotland.

93.3% of people living in Tewinga speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Tewinga is 23.7% Anglican, 21.3% Catholic, 20.8% No religion, 13.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.3% Salvation Army, 5.3% Uniting Church, 5.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.4% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.9% Christian, nfd.

55.1% of people are married, 25.9% have never married and 14.6% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Tewinga.

55.3% of the people living in Tewinga over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.8% are working on a part time basis. Tewinga has an unemployment rate of 8.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Tewinga are 22.1% Managers, 20.9% Labourers, 17.4% Professionals, 14.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 10.5% Technicians & trades workers, 8.1% Community & personal service workers, 3.5% Sales workers, 3.5% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Tewinga work in are 19.5% Retail trade, 13.8% Manufacturing, 12.6% Health care and social assistance, 10.3% Accommodation and food services, 10.3% Education and training, 6.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 5.7% Inadequately described/Not stated, 3.4% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.4% Public administration and safety.

47.7% of homes are fully owned, and 35.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $492 per week and the median household income is $1053 per week.

The median rent in Tewinga is $320 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2050 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Tewinga postcode 2449

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Urana 2645 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales