Taylors Arm Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Taylors Arm (2447) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 374 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Taylors Arm is in the federal electorate of Cowper.

In the 2011 census the population of Taylors Arm was 341 and is comprised of approximately 49.6% females and 50.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Taylors Arm is 51 years of age.

85.6% of people living in the suburb of Taylors Arm were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.1% England, 2.4% New Zealand, 1.8% Zimbabwe.

96.2% of people living in Taylors Arm speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Taylors Arm is 27.9% Anglican, 19.7% No religion, 19.1% Catholic, 13.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.6% Uniting Church, 2.6% Buddhism, 1.2% Other Religious Groups, 1.2% Pentecostal, 0.9% Salvation Army.

43.3% of people are married, 31.0% have never married and 16.2% are divorced and 5.3% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Taylors Arm.

43.7% of the people living in Taylors Arm over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 38.9% are working on a part time basis. Taylors Arm has an unemployment rate of 10.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Taylors Arm are 32.8% Managers, 16.0% Labourers, 13.4% Technicians & trades workers, 10.1% Professionals, 10.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.6% Sales workers, 7.6% Community & personal service workers, 2.5% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Taylors Arm work in are 36.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.2% Retail trade, 13.2% Education and training, 11.4% Health care and social assistance, 7.0% Accommodation and food services, 5.3% Public administration and safety, 4.4% Other services, 3.5% Manufacturing, 3.5% Inadequately described/Not stated.

54.7% of homes are fully owned, and 24.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $334 per week and the median household income is $520 per week.

The median rent in Taylors Arm is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $867 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Taylors Arm postcode 2447

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Parkes 2870 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales