Red Rock Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Red Rock (2456) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 472 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Red Rock is in the federal electorate of Cowper.

In the 2011 census the population of Red Rock was 310 and is comprised of approximately 47.7% females and 52.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Red Rock is 51 years of age.

81.9% of people living in the suburb of Red Rock were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.9% New Zealand, 1.6% Germany, 1.3% England, 1.3% United States of America.

91.6% of people living in Red Rock speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 8.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Red Rock is 28.3% No religion, 27.0% Anglican, 15.8% Catholic, 9.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.7% Uniting Church, 4.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.3% Other religious affiliation , 1.9% Lutheran, 1.3% Salvation Army, 1.3% Eastern Orthodox.

44.7% of people are married, 27.7% have never married and 14.0% are divorced and 4.9% are separated. There are 23 widowed people living in Red Rock.

35.6% of the people living in Red Rock over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 46.6% are working on a part time basis. Red Rock has an unemployment rate of 10.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Red Rock are 18.3% Technicians & trades workers, 17.4% Professionals, 13.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 13.8% Community & personal service workers, 10.1% Sales workers, 9.2% Managers, 8.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.4% Labourers, 2.8% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Red Rock work in are 11.1% Retail trade, 11.1% Health care and social assistance, 11.1% Construction, 9.3% Accommodation and food services, 8.3% Education and training, 6.5% Financial and insurance services, 5.6% Arts and recreation services, 5.6% Public administration and safety, 5.6% Manufacturing.

47.6% of homes are fully owned, and 18.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 24.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $429 per week and the median household income is $631 per week.

The median rent in Red Rock is $180 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Red Rock postcode 2456

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Byangum 2484 -> North Coast -> New South Wales