Mount George Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Mount George (2424) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 238 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Mount George is in the federal electorate of Lyne.

In the 2011 census the population of Mount George was 339 and is comprised of approximately 47.5% females and 52.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mount George is 41 years of age.

79.0% of people living in the suburb of Mount George were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.4% England, 1.8% Germany, 1.2% New Zealand.

85.8% of people living in Mount George speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 14.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Mount George is 24.6% Anglican, 21.1% No religion, 19.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 16.3% Catholic, 6.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.5% Uniting Church, 3.3% Baptist, 3.0% Christian, nfd, 0.9% Salvation Army.

45.7% of people are married, 31.3% have never married and 12.5% are divorced and 4.5% are separated. There are 16 widowed people living in Mount George.

44.5% of the people living in Mount George over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.2% are working on a part time basis. Mount George has an unemployment rate of 15.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Mount George are 21.1% Managers, 13.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 12.8% Professionals, 12.8% Technicians & trades workers, 10.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.1% Community & personal service workers, 10.1% Labourers, 9.2% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Mount George work in are 17.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.6% Health care and social assistance, 12.8% Retail trade, 12.8% Manufacturing, 11.0% Education and training, 10.1% Construction, 7.3% Accommodation and food services, 3.7% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.7% Wholesale trade.

52.1% of homes are fully owned, and 27.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $360 per week and the median household income is $614 per week.

The median rent in Mount George is $130 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1002 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mount George postcode 2424

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Fingal Head 2487 -> North Coast -> New South Wales