Moto Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Moto (2426) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 258 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Moto is in the federal electorate of Lyne.

In the 2011 census the population of Moto was 290 and is comprised of approximately 47.6% females and 52.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Moto is 49 years of age.

89.6% of people living in the suburb of Moto were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.8% New Zealand, 1.4% England.

96.6% of people living in Moto speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Moto is 28.3% Anglican, 25.5% No religion, 14.5% Catholic, 12.4% Uniting Church, 7.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.1% Pentecostal, 1.4% Baptist, 1.0% Salvation Army, 1.0% Christian, nfd.

55.6% of people are married, 25.9% have never married and 9.5% are divorced and 5.3% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Moto.

56.2% of the people living in Moto over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 16.5% are working on a part time basis. Moto has an unemployment rate of 7.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Moto are 24.8% Managers, 18.6% Technicians & trades workers, 14.2% Labourers, 12.4% Professionals, 10.6% Community & personal service workers, 7.1% Sales workers, 5.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 4.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 2.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Moto work in are 18.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.5% Manufacturing, 11.6% Retail trade, 10.7% Health care and social assistance, 10.7% Transport, postal and warehousing, 8.0% Construction, 6.2% Administrative and support services, 5.4% Other services, 5.4% Mining.

45.3% of homes are fully owned, and 24.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 27.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $387 per week and the median household income is $863 per week.

The median rent in Moto is $130 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1733 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Moto postcode 2426

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Gillieston Heights 2321 -> Hunter Valley -> New South Wales