Booral Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Booral (2425) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 171 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Booral is in the federal electorate of Paterson.

In the 2011 census the population of Booral was 398 and is comprised of approximately 49.0% females and 51.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Booral is 43 years of age.

85.0% of people living in the suburb of Booral were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.0% New Zealand, 2.0% England, 2.0% Austria.

93.7% of people living in Booral speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Booral is 27.7% Anglican, 26.2% No religion, 18.6% Catholic, 10.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.3% Uniting Church, 3.3% Baptist, 3.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.3% Other religious affiliation , 0.8% Eastern Orthodox, 0.8% Christian, nfd.

52.2% of people are married, 34.7% have never married and 8.8% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 14 widowed people living in Booral.

62.6% of the people living in Booral over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.0% are working on a part time basis. Booral has an unemployment rate of 4.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Booral are 18.3% Managers, 18.3% Labourers, 15.2% Technicians & trades workers, 14.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 12.8% Sales workers, 7.3% Professionals, 6.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 3.7% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Booral work in are 16.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.0% Manufacturing, 9.0% Retail trade, 9.0% Health care and social assistance, 7.2% Mining, 7.2% Accommodation and food services, 6.6% Construction, 4.8% Education and training, 4.8% Transport, postal and warehousing.

38.2% of homes are fully owned, and 39.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $466 per week and the median household income is $888 per week.

The median rent in Booral is $160 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1696 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Booral postcode 2425

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Lowesdale 2646 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales