Seahampton Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Seahampton (2286) is a suburb of Hunter Valley, West Lake Macquarie, New South Wales. It is about 114 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Seahampton is in the federal electorate of Charlton.

In the 2011 census the population of Seahampton was 311 and is comprised of approximately 51.8% females and 48.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Seahampton is 31 years of age.

92.5% of people living in the suburb of Seahampton were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.9% England.

95.2% of people living in Seahampton speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Seahampton is 22.8% Anglican, 21.2% Catholic, 17.7% No religion, 11.3% Uniting Church, 10.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.8% Baptist, 2.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.9% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.9% Buddhism, 1.3% Other religious affiliation .

51.9% of people are married, 32.0% have never married and 9.5% are divorced and 2.6% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Seahampton.

57.1% of the people living in Seahampton over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.1% are working on a part time basis. Seahampton has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Seahampton are 21.2% Technicians & trades workers, 15.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 14.1% Professionals, 11.5% Labourers, 10.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.6% Managers, 9.0% Community & personal service workers, 5.8% Sales workers, 2.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Seahampton work in are 14.8% Retail trade, 14.8% Health care and social assistance, 11.7% Manufacturing, 8.0% Public administration and safety, 8.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 7.4% Professional, scientific and technical services, 7.4% Other services, 6.2% Mining, 6.2% Construction.

23.5% of homes are fully owned, and 61.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 8.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $637 per week and the median household income is $1294 per week.

The median rent in Seahampton is $330 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1733 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Seahampton postcode 2286

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Lowesdale 2646 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales