Neath Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Neath (2326) is a suburb of Hunter Valley, Lower Hunter Valley, New South Wales. It is about 117 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Neath is in the federal electorate of Hunter.

In the 2011 census the population of Neath was 432 and is comprised of approximately 52.5% females and 47.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Neath is 48 years of age.

87.4% of people living in the suburb of Neath were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.3% England, 1.2% Netherlands, 1.2% Germany, 1.2% Scotland.

97.7% of people living in Neath speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Neath is 39.1% Anglican, 19.8% Catholic, 16.7% No religion, 7.7% Uniting Church, 5.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.1% Latter-day Saints, 0.9% Christian, nfd, 0.7% Seventh-day Adventist, 0.7% Salvation Army.

42.5% of people are married, 27.1% have never married and 14.5% are divorced and 3.8% are separated. There are 44 widowed people living in Neath.

52.4% of the people living in Neath over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.9% are working on a part time basis. Neath has an unemployment rate of 11.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Neath are 18.6% Technicians & trades workers, 17.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 14.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 14.0% Labourers, 10.1% Professionals, 9.3% Sales workers, 7.8% Community & personal service workers, 6.2% Managers, 2.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Neath work in are 19.2% Manufacturing, 17.6% Accommodation and food services, 12.8% Retail trade, 8.0% Health care and social assistance, 7.2% Construction, 7.2% Rental, hiring and real estate services, 5.6% Education and training, 4.8% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.8% Mining.

55.1% of homes are fully owned, and 27.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $349 per week and the median household income is $705 per week.

The median rent in Neath is $205 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1127 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Neath postcode 2326

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Woolgoolga 2456 -> North Coast -> New South Wales