Tacoma South Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Tacoma South (2259) is a suburb of Central Coast, Central Coast, New South Wales. It is about 68 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Tacoma South is in the federal electorate of Dobell.

In the 2011 census the population of Tacoma South was 265 and is comprised of approximately 49.4% females and 50.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Tacoma South is 40 years of age.

84.8% of people living in the suburb of Tacoma South were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.2% England, 2.7% New Zealand.

93.2% of people living in Tacoma South speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Tacoma South is 33.7% Catholic, 29.2% Anglican, 19.7% No religion, 7.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.2% Uniting Church, 1.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.5% Buddhism, 1.1% Eastern Orthodox, 1.1% Christian, nfd.

51.6% of people are married, 29.3% have never married and 11.2% are divorced and 4.2% are separated. There are 8 widowed people living in Tacoma South.

63.2% of the people living in Tacoma South over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.7% are working on a part time basis. Tacoma South has an unemployment rate of 6.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Tacoma South are 16.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 16.2% Managers, 16.2% Technicians & trades workers, 11.5% Sales workers, 11.5% Community & personal service workers, 10.0% Professionals, 10.0% Labourers, 7.7% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Tacoma South work in are 17.1% Retail trade, 11.6% Accommodation and food services, 9.3% Arts and recreation services, 9.3% Public administration and safety, 7.0% Manufacturing, 7.0% Education and training, 7.0% Rental, hiring and real estate services, 6.2% Health care and social assistance, 4.7% Information media and telecommunications.

33.3% of homes are fully owned, and 54.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 8.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $529 per week and the median household income is $1125 per week.

The median rent in Tacoma South is $410 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Tacoma South postcode 2259

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Queanbeyan West 2620 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales