Brookfield Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Brookfield (2420) is a suburb of Central Coast, Central Coast, New South Wales. It is about 160 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Brookfield is in the federal electorate of Paterson.

In the 2011 census the population of Brookfield was 235 and is comprised of approximately 51.1% females and 48.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Brookfield is 42 years of age.

91.4% of people living in the suburb of Brookfield were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.6% South Africa, 2.1% New Zealand, 1.7% England.

98.7% of people living in Brookfield speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.3% Korean.

The religious makeup of Brookfield is 31.6% Anglican, 22.2% No religion, 15.8% Catholic, 9.4% Uniting Church, 7.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.4% Buddhism, 3.4% Pentecostal, 3.0% Christian, nfd, 2.6% Other Protestant, 1.3% Presbyterian and Reformed.

51.9% of people are married, 26.5% have never married and 16.4% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Brookfield.

55.8% of the people living in Brookfield over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.7% are working on a part time basis. Brookfield has an unemployment rate of 7.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Brookfield are 18.4% Labourers, 17.5% Professionals, 16.7% Technicians & trades workers, 15.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.3% Managers, 10.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.1% Sales workers, 2.6% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Brookfield work in are 15.7% Manufacturing, 15.7% Construction, 10.4% Accommodation and food services, 8.7% Health care and social assistance, 7.8% Public administration and safety, 7.8% Retail trade, 5.2% Mining, 5.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 5.2% Wholesale trade.

45.0% of homes are fully owned, and 45.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $484 per week and the median household income is $900 per week.

The median rent in Brookfield is $165 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2401 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Brookfield postcode 2420

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Ravensworth 2330 -> Hunter Valley -> New South Wales