Hume Demographics (ACT) Local Stats

Hume (2620) is a suburb of Canberra, Tuggeranong, Australian Capital Territory. It is about 12 kms from ACT's capital city of Canberra. Hume is in the federal electorate of Canberra.

In the 2011 census the population of Hume was 308 and is comprised of approximately 6.2% females and 93.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Hume is 30 years of age.

74.6% of people living in the suburb of Hume were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 7.8% Inadequately described, 3.6% New Zealand, 2.9% Vietnam, 2.9% Sudan, 2.3% South Africa, 2.3% United States of America, 2.0% Philippines.

99.0% of people living in Hume speak Language spoken at home not stated. The other top languages spoken are 1.0% English only.

The religious makeup of Hume is 97.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.3% No religion, 1.3% Catholic.

28.7% of people are married, 65.5% have never married and 3.6% are divorced and 2.3% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Hume.

100.0% of the people living in Hume over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 0.0% are working on a part time basis. Hume has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Hume are 100.0% Total.

The main industries people from Hume work in are 100.0% Total.

0.0% of homes are fully owned, and 0.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 100.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $641 per week and the median household income is $0 per week.

The median rent in Hume is $351 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $0 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Hume postcode 2620

  • Qpzm LocalStats Australian Capital Territory Suburb of the Day: Curtin 2605 -> Canberra -> Australian Capital Territory