Wallumbilla Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Wallumbilla (4428) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 393 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Wallumbilla is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Wallumbilla was 262 and is comprised of approximately 50.4% females and 49.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Wallumbilla is 39 years of age.

90.4% of people living in the suburb of Wallumbilla were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.9% England.

95.0% of people living in Wallumbilla speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Wallumbilla is 32.8% Anglican, 24.4% Catholic, 13.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 13.4% Uniting Church, 9.9% No religion, 1.5% Baptist, 1.5% Salvation Army, 1.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.1% Christian, nfd.

51.0% of people are married, 28.1% have never married and 10.5% are divorced and 1.9% are separated. There are 18 widowed people living in Wallumbilla.

68.6% of the people living in Wallumbilla over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 23.7% are working on a part time basis. Wallumbilla has an unemployment rate of 5.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Wallumbilla are 18.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 18.3% Technicians & trades workers, 15.7% Managers, 13.0% Community & personal service workers, 13.0% Labourers, 10.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.7% Professionals, 2.6% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Wallumbilla work in are 14.7% Public administration and safety, 13.8% Health care and social assistance, 12.9% Construction, 12.1% Education and training, 9.5% Retail trade, 7.8% Manufacturing, 7.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.2% Inadequately described/Not stated, 5.2% Other services.

41.1% of homes are fully owned, and 22.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 32.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $523 per week and the median household income is $850 per week.

The median rent in Wallumbilla is $135 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1200 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Wallumbilla postcode 4428

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Meadowbrook 4131 -> Brisbane -> Queensland