Bells Bridge Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Bells Bridge (4570) is a suburb of South Eastern, Sunshine Coast, Queensland. It is about 156 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Bells Bridge is in the federal electorate of Wide Bay.

In the 2011 census the population of Bells Bridge was 196 and is comprised of approximately 49.5% females and 50.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Bells Bridge is 50 years of age.

85.6% of people living in the suburb of Bells Bridge were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.1% England, 3.1% Northern Ireland, 2.6% Russian Federation.

96.9% of people living in Bells Bridge speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Bells Bridge is 22.6% No religion, 17.9% Anglican, 15.9% Catholic, 11.3% Uniting Church, 8.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.7% Christian, nfd, 6.2% Baptist, 5.6% Lutheran, 4.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.5% Eastern Orthodox.

56.6% of people are married, 22.0% have never married and 12.7% are divorced and 4.0% are separated. There are 8 widowed people living in Bells Bridge.

47.5% of the people living in Bells Bridge over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 34.7% are working on a part time basis. Bells Bridge has an unemployment rate of 11.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Bells Bridge are 17.4% Managers, 16.3% Technicians & trades workers, 15.2% Community & personal service workers, 14.1% Professionals, 10.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 10.9% Sales workers, 8.7% Labourers, 6.5% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Bells Bridge work in are 16.8% Health care and social assistance, 15.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.5% Retail trade, 6.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 6.3% Financial and insurance services, 6.3% Education and training, 6.3% Other services, 6.3% Mining, 6.3% Transport, postal and warehousing.

42.1% of homes are fully owned, and 40.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $387 per week and the median household income is $733 per week.

The median rent in Bells Bridge is $140 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Bells Bridge postcode 4570

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Railway Estate 4810 -> Northern -> Queensland