Etna Creek Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Etna Creek (4702) is a suburb of Central Coast, Rockhampton, Queensland. It is about 541 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Etna Creek is in the federal electorate of Capricornia.

In the 2011 census the population of Etna Creek was 551 and is comprised of approximately 9.3% females and 90.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Etna Creek is 32 years of age.

92.7% of people living in the suburb of Etna Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.5% New Zealand, 1.3% Colombia, 0.9% England.

79.7% of people living in Etna Creek speak Language spoken at home not stated. The other top languages spoken are 20.3% English only.

The religious makeup of Etna Creek is 79.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.6% Catholic, 5.1% No religion, 3.1% Anglican, 1.8% Uniting Church, 1.4% Baptist, 1.3% Christian, nfd, 0.7% Judaism, 0.5% Churches of Christ, 0.5% Other religious affiliation .

32.5% of people are married, 54.8% have never married and 5.0% are divorced and 6.5% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Etna Creek.

51.4% of the people living in Etna Creek over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.1% are working on a part time basis. Etna Creek has an unemployment rate of 8.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Etna Creek are 24.6% Technicians & trades workers, 23.1% Managers, 12.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.8% Community & personal service workers, 10.8% Labourers, 9.2% Professionals, 9.2% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Etna Creek work in are 14.3% Public administration and safety, 12.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.7% Health care and social assistance, 11.1% Professional, scientific and technical services, 11.1% Retail trade, 11.1% Construction, 9.5% Manufacturing, 6.3% Accommodation and food services, 6.3% Mining.

41.5% of homes are fully owned, and 48.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 9.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $959 per week and the median household income is $1675 per week.

The median rent in Etna Creek is $40 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1909 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Etna Creek postcode 4702

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Meadowbrook 4131 -> Brisbane -> Queensland