Brisbane Grove Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Brisbane Grove (2580) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Southern Tablelands, New South Wales. It is about 172 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Brisbane Grove is in the federal electorate of Hume.

In the 2011 census the population of Brisbane Grove was 218 and is comprised of approximately 47.7% females and 52.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Brisbane Grove is 43 years of age.

91.8% of people living in the suburb of Brisbane Grove were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.7% New Zealand, 1.8% Scotland, 1.4% England.

98.2% of people living in Brisbane Grove speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Brisbane Grove is 32.6% Anglican, 32.6% Catholic, 9.2% Uniting Church, 7.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.9% No religion, 4.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.2% Christian, nfd, 2.8% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.4% Other religious affiliation .

56.7% of people are married, 24.4% have never married and 11.0% are divorced and 4.3% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Brisbane Grove.

65.0% of the people living in Brisbane Grove over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.5% are working on a part time basis. Brisbane Grove has an unemployment rate of 2.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Brisbane Grove are 23.3% Managers, 15.5% Technicians & trades workers, 13.8% Professionals, 12.9% Community & personal service workers, 12.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.0% Sales workers, 5.2% Labourers.

The main industries people from Brisbane Grove work in are 15.6% Retail trade, 13.1% Health care and social assistance, 9.8% Public administration and safety, 9.8% Manufacturing, 9.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.4% Transport, postal and warehousing, 7.4% Construction, 7.4% Administrative and support services, 4.9% Education and training.

41.3% of homes are fully owned, and 36.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 22.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $719 per week and the median household income is $1512 per week.

The median rent in Brisbane Grove is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2167 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Brisbane Grove postcode 2580

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Milbrulong 2656 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales